At IFA 2014 in Berlin, HTC has announced the latest addition to its mid-range Desire family, the Desire 820. Following on from the Desire 816, launched earlier in the year, the 820 maintains the same 5.5-inch display size and 720p resolution, while cranking the processor up to a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 — an world's first snapdragon OCTA-CORE chip with cores at 1.5GHz and 1.0GHz to be launched with Htc. On top of that there's 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, both increased from the Desire 816.
The Desire 820 runs Android 4.4 KitKat, though HTC tells us in thier Launch event that the phone will be updated to Android L to take full advantage of the Snapdragon 615's 64-bit capabilities and its better to be futureproof.
The speed you desire: Streaming, downloading, juggling multiple apps – the experience couldn’t be more smoother on the HTC Desire 820:
- Lightning-fast 4G connectvity (up to 150mbps).
- The latest Qualcomm Octa-Core 64-bit processor with integrated LTE modem.
- The rich, clear sound pumping from the front-facing stereo speakers and two powerful, dedicated amplifiers of HTC BoomSound™.
- The vivid, 5.5″ high definition display will put a big smile on your face as it puts big-screen entertainment front and center.
- rear camera is just as powerful, with f/2.2 aperture and a 13MP BSI sensor
Source :- htc